The success of North Florida Wildlife Rehabilitation Center relies on dedicated volunteers who provide vital support to injured and orphaned wildlife. As we grow, we're always seeking passionate individuals to join our mission and help give wildlife a second chance at life.
Volunteers assist with multiple tasks including rescues, transportation of injured wildlife, cleaning of rehabilitation enclosures, patient feeding, laundry, animal releases, building enclosures and nest boxes, sewing, yard work, answering calls, special events and more!
- 18 years of age or older
- Commit to one shift a week (3 - 5 hours)
- Valid Driver's License, Car Insurance and Reliable Transportation
- Volunteer Emergency Rescue and Transport (VERT)
- Administrative Help (social media, answering calls and messages, documentation)
- Laundry and Dishes
- Construction (build enclosures and nest boxes)
- Sewing (repair blankets, create small mammal hammocks, ect)
- Facilities & Ground Maintenance/Repair/Upkeep
- Rehabilitation - Patient Care and Cage Cleaning
Steps to become a volunteer:
- Complete the online volunteer application
- Wait for an email or phone call
- Schedule an in person interview
- If we find a match with one of our positions we will start planning your training
- Enjoy giving back and the realization that YOU are making a difference for our wildlife!